Two posts in one day! Look at me!
I wanted to enjoy today's beautiful weather more than through our open windows, so I took Isaac outside while I cleared our sidewalk of leaves and weeds. This is an activity I enjoy every spring, and this year Isaac gets to sit outside with me while I do it.
While he was napping I was contemplating how exactly to get him and Cash outside, what he should wear, and how this would work. It was then that I realized he probably should wear a hat to protect his head and face. While I thought about if he had any hats other than his warm winter headgear, I remembered a sun hat that had come with a cute summer outfit we received at a baby shower. I stuck that on his head and laughed and laughed, then patted myself on the back for even thinking of covering his head. (This warm weather stuff is new to me! I've only ever dressed a baby for cold weather.)
He "talked" the whole time, so that either means he liked it or hated it. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between "I'm making this noise because I like to hear my own voice" and "I'm making this noise because I'm unhappy".
I'll tell you who definitely liked it. This guy:
Cash senses that spring is in the air and constantly begs me to go outside lately. I was happy to let him spend some time out there today.
Part of me thinks Isaac's hat is super dorky, but part of me thinks it's super cute in the way that only babies can pull that look off. It looks like it's here to stay, at least until we find a better one. Oh, and that hat is 6-9 months and fits my big-headed boy perfectly. More room for brains, I say.




0 comments:
Post a Comment