Most of the country is experiencing a cold snap right now, including our area, but with the new year and the cold snap, I have a cold. Big deal whatever, a common cold, but this is no common cold for me. This is my first cold in 2 years.
I worked with kids age 2-5 from my years of 18-24. They shared many illnesses with me, including strep throat, ringworm, and of course many colds. I stopped working with kids exactly 2 years ago, and I can't remember having a cold since then. I forgot how much they suck. Today is day 5 and I'm hoping I hit my peak yesterday and am on my way down now.
I woke up Sunday morning and found I was alone in our bed. I didn't think anything of it, since Rodney usually wakes up before me on the weekends. I was expecting to find him playing video games or preparing for Fantasy Football. I was not expecting to find him sleeping on the couch. He informed me that my snoring kept him from sleeping the night before. Oops. He later changed the term from "snoring" to "snot gurgling". Double oops. Of course I couldn't help it, but he still needed his sleep, so Sunday night I fixed him a bed on the couch, where he has slept the past 2 nights. He tells me that he's coming back to bed tonight, at least at first.
I feel yucky, but there are some positives. My stuffy nose has not hindered my sleep and I've been getting plenty of good rest. I don't have a fever or the flu. So for now I'm just drinking lots of fluids and resting. Let's hope I get this over with early and the rest of 2010 is much healthier.
2 comments:
feel better!
Colds stink! I am currently fighting off a cold and it's not fun!
Rodney is such a good hubby, Daniel probably would of kicked me out of bed and into the guest bedroom. :)
Post a Comment