
A few weeks ago, my dad told me about a man who lives in their hometown. This man can often be seen walking around town, right beside his faithful companion, his dog. Dad told me how this man will go into the grocery store or a restaurant and the dog sits outside the door and waits until the man comes out. Then they go about their business again, side by side.
The last time I was in town visiting my parents we were having lunch at a local restaurant, seated at a table near the door. My parents were facing the door and noticed that the man and the dog were outside. He pointed to the ground and the dog sat and waited. My mom commented to him as he passed, "We just love your dog," and the man replied with a smile, "Yeah, she's my best friend."
My husband is my best friend. I've been pretty stressed out this week about some things, and Rodney has been right by my side. Yesterday a song popped into my head out of the blue, and it wasn't until I sang these words that it hit me. From "Everything", by Michael Buble,
"Whatever comes our way, we'll see it through
And you know that's what our love can do."
We need a best friend to walk through life with, side by side. I thank God every day for sending me mine.

2 comments:
This is really sweet and that is a great song.
What a great story! I hope your week gets better. Here on the radio at work is Tim McGraw's "My Best Friend", how ironic is that? :)
Post a Comment