Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the annual corn maze

I am so far behind on blogging but I'm hoping to get caught up very soon.

I'll start with our recent trip to a pumpkin patch/corn maze. I persuaded Rodney to go to a new farm this year, since the one closest to our house was not very memorable last year. We had to travel quite a bit further to get there, but I'm so glad we tried something new.
Oakes Farm has a corn maze and pumpkin patch, but we skipped the pumpkin patch in favor of buying our pumpkins from our favorite produce market. The maze looks like this.

There were 12 checkpoints throughout the maze that we needed to find. I have a horrible sense of direction, so Rodney led the way and I followed.

The middle of the maze looked like a swamp. It made it extra tricky trying to find an alternate route to the other side. I'm pretty sure we cut through some well-worn off-the-path "paths" instead of taking the long way.




We were on our way to the last checkpoint when I started complaining that I was always the one behind the camera and I was never in any pictures. I want to have a record of our time together, not just what Rodney does. So my gracious husband took the camera and told me to find the last checkpoint. Lucky for us, we were very close, or else I might have had problems.


It was a very nice fall afternoon and I look forward to continuing the tradition in years to come. Maybe we'll make it a tradition to try a new place every year.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That looks like fun! It has been years since I have been to a corn maze, they have haunted ones around here, but I am not sure if they have one like the one you went to where you can go in the daytime! I would love that!

Mrs. Case said...

I can't help but notice the GIANT "69" in the aerial view of the maze, LOL.

Julie said...

This specific place has a seperate corn maze for the haunted variety at night.

And the 69 is actually 89. A local radio station Love 89.1 is their sponsor.