Monday, March 2, 2015

Levi at 19 months


I stopped keeping track of all of Levi's new words this month. He knows plenty and can communicate well with us on a daily basis. His affirmative word is not yes, but "uh-huh". It's his way of telling us we got it right. "Do you want to take a bath?" uh-huh! "Do you want some cheese?" uh-huh! He also can say no and the opposite of uh-huh, uh-uh. This month he started repeating some phrases that we say, like "I don't know", "come on", "let's go". My mom likes to play a certain game with him during diaper changes, in which she puts a stuffed Elmo on the shelf about the changing table and tells Elmo "Don't fall off, Elmo!" (the shelf isn't quite level, so Elmo falls off a lot). Levi tries to put Elmo up there and tells him "fall off!" Every night when I tuck him in bed I tell him "night night" and he repeats it, then I tell him "I love you!" and he tells me "wuh oo". He can now sign and say "more".


Levi goes through stages of picky eating. Some days he barely eats anything, other days he eats everything. Some days he won't eat anything until you give him a fork, other days he refuses to use a fork. He will always eat fruit or cheese/yogurt. Those are by far his favorites.




The temper tantrums continue to get worse. This month he started a new way of throwing a fit. When he doesn't get his way, he alternates short bursts of growling and screaming as loudly as he can. It's interesting and lasts varying lengths of time. We had to leave the grocery store this month when he threw a huge fit because he couldn't have the grapes, another first for us.


I hate to admit this, but the long days of winter plus long days of being sick lately have increased the time the television is on at our house. I can't wait for spring! Levi definitely enjoys the extra tv time and loves any show that Isaac loves, which currently is Clifford, Handy Manny, and Super Why. He also often requests Mickey Mouse and Elmo for himself, but Clifford is widely requested too (he pronounces Clifford as "Ha-Hoo", 2 very separate syllables. It took a while to figure that one out!)


Isaac never sang this earlier, but Levi is definitely our little singer. He can sing (in his own toddler way) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves Me, the Paw Patrol theme song, our prayer blessing before meals, the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song, the Elmo's World song, and I'm sure I'm missing some. We're always shocked when we realize he knows another song.




We love this little guy so much!


0 comments: