I have such a full heart reflecting back on this Christmas, and really the whole Christmas season. Our second Christmas with Levi, and (unbelievably) our fifth Christmas with Isaac. Wow!
We typically spend Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with Rodney's family. The boys and I actually went up a day early this year on the 23rd because Rodney had to work late, so instead of being alone all day and night, we spent the day (and night) with Nana and Grampy. I got to experience my mother's busy baking and cooking spree in preparation for our Christmas Eve family gathering. Between all of us cooking, cleaning, and watching the boys, it was crazy around there.
Rodney joined us on Christmas Eve and we celebrated with my mom's sister and her family. Isaac and his cousins were loud and crazy, and Levi did his best to keep up and took a short nap during some of the festivities. We put him in a room as far away from the noise as possible, but it didn't work as well as I had hoped. He was a mess that afternoon, so we made the decision to skip the Christmas Eve service at church (plus the flu that everyone seems to have makes me want to stay away from the general public). We made an impromptu visit to Rodney's parents' house to open gifts that night instead of on Christmas morning. Levi was much happier there and we left with a car loaded full of goodies.
I got a necklace and a coffee mug that I picked out, plus a Kitchenaid mixer from my parents and a whole new set of cookware from Rodney's parents. Woohoo!
Christmas morning was spent watching the boys play and counting my blessings. I haven't seen Levi that happy in a long time and he only cried one time (all day) when Isaac hit him with a Nerf bullet. Of course toys and presents aren't everything, but it makes my heart so happy to have my family together and seeing them so happy.









0 comments:
Post a Comment