I had a "blankie" as a little girl and it brought me so much comfort. I obviously slept with it at night, but I also used it when I was sad or hurt, and also played with it in happy times too. I knew I wanted Isaac to have a lovey like that, preferably a small blanket. When he was a baby I found the issie blanket by aden + anais and fell in love with it. It was small, plus thin and breathable, and I felt comfortable giving it to Isaac in his crib around 5-6 months. It took a few months for him to get really attached, but he eventually fell in love with it too. We called it Blankie (for a while when he was learning to talk he called it Duh-Duh), and he slept with Blankie every night until he was around 3 years old. I'm not exactly sure when it started, but at some point he started not caring if Blankie was in bed with him or not. It made me pretty sad, but it was all him, so I rolled with it. Occasionally he will still ask about Blankie, and "he" is still around, but it's not the same at all.
Looking through old pictures, I found many many pictures of Isaac holding Blankie and Woody (from Toy Story). Those two were such a pair for so long, we often called them BlankieWoody, one word. Time for bed? "Go get BlankieWoody." Woody was just as important as Blankie, and his high rank fell around the same time as Blankie.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
my blankie boys
Last night I put the boys to bed while Rodney went out to pick up dinner. I had taken Mr. Moo in the car earlier in the day and it was still there, with Rodney. I looked all over for our second Mr. Moo but couldn't find it either. I didn't panic because I knew it was somewhere, but I put Levi to bed with his old blankie, just for a placeholder until Rodney got home. I was hopeful that it would work but it really didn't. He was fussy and unsettled until Rodney got back about 20 minutes later. He took Mr. Moo to Levi and said that he immediately clutched it to his chest and started rubbing it. Mr. Moo #2 was later found in the diaper bag, which was also in the car.
Posted by Julie at 8:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment