Friday, March 7, 2014

Levi at 7 months


Why does 7 months sound so much different than 6 months?

I'm not totally sure how much he weighs, I'm guessing around 17.5 pounds. He's in all 9 month clothes, and they fit well now, but he's still growing pretty fast. He's wearing size 3 diapers.


Levi drinks 4 bottles a day, ranging from 7-8 ounces each. He eats solids for breakfast and solids for dinner, and we'll probably be adding in lunch within the next few weeks. He loves food, both formula and solids, and seems like he would always keep eating. He eats a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, and the only thing he has completely turned down is pureed chicken. I can't say I blame him there. This month he also got to chew and suck on a chunk of apple (which he couldn't get enough of!) and he tried toast and broccoli. He loves puffs and can sometimes get them into his mouth, but mostly they get stuck in his hand. We're working on the pincer grasp.


He still doesn't roll in either direction. He rolled back to front around 4.5 months, and front to back around 5.5 months, each for a couple of days at a time, then never did it again. When I try to practice rolling with him he completely resists. Isaac was a late roller, starting consistently around 6.5 months, so I didn't worry about Levi for a while, but now that he is officially later than Isaac, I'm officially worrying. I'm not sure what I'm really worried about. He's obviously strong with great muscle tone. He can sit for long periods of time and loves to stand holding onto things. He's hitting most of his other developmental milestones. I think this is one of those things where all babies develop differently and Levi will do it when Levi wants to do it.


On the same note as not rolling, he also hates being on his tummy. I think he wants to move and scoot, he reaches for items on his belly and can turn in a circle, but he gets so frustrated. He's much more interested in being upright and sitting or standing.


The first 2 weeks of this month were rough. Levi caught an upper respiratory infection from Isaac right when he turned 6 months, and we had several trips to the doctor. He ended up with a double ear infection and was on antibiotics for 2 full weeks. The antibiotics made him hateful and not pleasant at all. As soon as they were out of his system he was a completely different baby, back to his normal happy self. It was rough and we are praying for health for the rest of the winter because I do not want to experience that again.

twins?

He's still taking 2 good naps and one catnap per day. He's still napping swaddled in the rock n play, but I've got to bite the bullet and get him in the crib very soon (how long have I been saying that?). I tried a couple of crib naps last week and let's just say they didn't go well at all. I'm scared.


Levi started showing his dislike for diaper changes this month but giving him a toy usually works to distract him long enough.

We went to the dermatologist this month at the referral of our pediatrician. She gave us a new prescription lotion (non-medicated, but awesome) to use twice daily and a prescription ointment to use on the eczema flare-ups. The lotion has made a definite improvement in his skin overall. The ointment works well, but we're still struggling with hot spots. For instance, the back of his knees is a bad place for him. I can put the ointment on at night and by the morning they look so much better, but that night they look just as bad as the night before. We go back to the dermatologist this month so I'll discuss my concerns with her, but she seems to think he'll outgrow this in time like most kids (Isaac outgrew most of his eczema problems). It's just a matter of managing it in the meantime.

I can't wait to see what the next month brings!

0 comments: