Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What we've been up to

We have had the most wonderful Christmas and New Year's holiday. I'm very sad that it has come to an end. Rodney has been off work since December 23, 11 days total. I've really gotten used to having him here, and it feels quiet and lonely around here today. Isaac was a little whiny this morning because he was very accustomed to someone playing with him most of the time, but he has settled into his normal independent play this afternoon.

We've stayed pretty busy, and I've loved having quality time together.

On December 23rd we dropped Isaac off with my parents and went out for a little date night of dinner, Starbucks, and Speedway in Lights. It was very crowded and we spent lots of time waiting, but it was great to be able to sit and talk without Isaac fussing in the backseat.





Last Wednesday we took Isaac to the aquarium for the first time. We didn't realize it would be quite so busy, but we should have figured since the aquarium is in a tourist town and many people are off work the week after Christmas. We spent an hour creeping into town with heavy traffic, then could barely see anything through the crowds at the aquarium. It thinned out a little and we made the most of the day, even if it didn't go as planned. Isaac enjoyed seeing all the people, but didn't enjoy the fish as much as we had hoped.




We had dinner with family on New Year's Eve (technically our last Christmas gathering), then put Isaac to bed and sat down to watch The Change-Up. A nice quiet evening at home is totally our style.

Other than that, we did a little house-hunting, a little cleaning and organizing, and lots of playing with toys. Now we move on to the long winter months, which seem even longer because it is Rodney's busy season at work and we see him less than usual. I'm hoping to pass the time by doing fun toddler activities with Isaac. I've already got lots of ideas pinned on Pinterest, now I just have to get to them!

0 comments: