My sweet Isaac is growing up way too fast. He has changed so much in the last 9 months since he became a big brother and seems much older now.
Isaac loves to be independent, brushing his teeth by himself and dressing himself. He just recently figured out how to put on his socks by himself. He wants to drink out of an open cup and is pretty good at it, but I'm the one holding back on that. We're working on it.
He is totally captivated by letters right now. He can identify every capital letter and a few lowercase letters. He is learning how to write his name and can do the I with no problem. He'll tell you, "You draw a straight line down, then over, then over".
He also really loves puzzles. He's not great at them and doesn't have the concept of matching colors together, but he loves them.
This time last year Isaac loved all books, but now he is anti-books. He likes to listen in when I read to Levi, but he doesn't want me to read just to him. I don't push it, but maybe I should.
On our current schedule it really only works out for Isaac to nap on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Out of those three days, he might actually take a nap one day. The other days he rests in his bed and if he doesn't fall asleep I let him look at books and puzzles. He does fine on the days he doesn't nap and fights bedtime on the days he does, so he's obviously ready to drop it, but I still like some down time in the early afternoon.
Being outside is his favorite thing in the whole world. He would stay outside all day if he could. We can't always do that because there's not much for Levi to do out there right now, but he gets to spend plenty of time swinging and running around.
He is an awesome big brother. Isaac and Levi are starting to play together more now and I love watching them. Typically Isaac can make Levi smile and laugh even when he's in the grumpiest mood.
Actually, being outside on his grandparents' farm is his favorite thing in the world. He rides around with Rodney's dad and feeds the cows, rides his own little tractor, and waters the flowers with Rodney's mom.
Isaac loves playing with the older boys that live on our street. He especially loves one who has taken a special interest in him, Spencer (who is 9 years old). Isaac is constantly asking if Spencer is going to come play or what he's doing right now. He completely idolizes S and we've had to have a talk with S about what is appropriate language and behavior around a 3-year-old. I love that he loves these boys but I'm so not ready for outside influences like that.
We love you, sweet boy!






0 comments:
Post a Comment