Happy birthday to my favorite husband! Rodney turns 30 today (and I'm not far behind!). Isaac and I are trying to make this a very special birthday for him because he is very special to us. We are planning on making cupcakes for him after Isaac gets home from MDO this afternoon. This reminds me of something that happened several years ago.
The year was 2008. We had only been married less than 4 weeks and I wanted to do something special and domestic for my new husband on his birthday, so I made him a cake. It was a box mix with icing from a can, but I put forth effort and I was proud. I was going to surprise him when he got home from work. That afternoon Rodney called me from work and told me his mom had a whole birthday cake sent to his office with balloons. I was crushed.She had no clue I was baking him a cake, but in my mind it was a classic battle between mother and new wife. We had 2 cakes that night, and I think we gave away part of his mom's cake to friends since we couldn't eat them both.
This year his mom let us know they were going to bring dinner over and eat with us on Thursday. Great, but I pulled her aside later and let her know I would be providing cupcakes. I did not want a repeat.
I'm hoping the rest of the day goes smoothly, because Rodney deserves it. Happy birthday to my best friend!
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Rodney's big 3-0
Posted by Julie at 12:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment