I found out I was pregnant the day after I got back from my family cruise in February. We had been using FAM for birth control and later trying to conceive. It was frustrating for me to not be able to take my temperature every morning during the cruise (I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to things like that) but since I was sharing a room with my mom, I really didn't want to explain. The morning after we got home, I woke up with a strong urge to take a test. I had no idea what my temperatures were doing, and even though it was a little early, I felt I had nothing to lose. I didn't really think it would be positive.
It was 6:30 am and Rodney was still asleep in bed, he had no clue. I walked around the bathroom for a few minutes, shaking and pacing, before getting back in bed (like I could go back to sleep -- ha!). In all the months I had dreamed of getting pregnant before we actually starting trying, and the months that we were finally trying, I never actually pictured the day that the test turned positive. Never. It was a complete shock to me. I don't know how, but I let Rodney sleep for 2 more hours before I subtly woke him up. I made sure he was good and awake before I shared the news with him. His first words were, "We did it!" followed by a high five. That's my husband.
We kept the news to ourselves for a couple of weeks before telling our parents. They were beyond thrilled. Rodney is an only child, so his parents loved the thought of their first grandchild. It was a little different for my parents. My brother and SIL had recently found out they are expecting #2, due about a week before me. My mom is beside herself with the thought of 2 new babies in the fall.
I got to see the little "bean" on ultrasound at 6 weeks. It was an unexpected ultrasound, so Rodney didn't come to that appointment. We heard the heartbeat on doppler at 10 weeks at the doctor, and now we have a doppler at home that we are borrowing from a friend. We listen to the heartbeat every other day or so and it's so reassuring when you're a big-time worrier like I am.
I am 12 weeks now, almost out of the first trimester. I have had it really easy so far, I really have nothing to complain about. I had a couple of weeks of nausea that would come and go, but nothing too bad. The worst part has been The Fatigue. It is finally starting to pack its bags and go home, but for a while I was fighting daily battles with The Fatigue. That's why I mentioned I have been in a fog for the past 2 months since we found out.
My camera has evidence of the birthday party we went to, a baby shower, a get-together with friends, and Easter, but that's about it. The pictures are sitting on the card, untouched. I haven't scrapbooked. I haven't done my monthly backup of photos. I haven't downloaded Pioneer Woman's newest actions for PSE. I just haven't had any motivation. I'm really looking forward to seeing that again.
Sorry for the long and wordy post. I'll be back soon with more life updates and pictures. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
the Lowdown
Posted by Julie at 1:39 PM
Labels: 1st trimester, pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
congrats! hopefully i will be next. i had a sneaking suspicion you were going to say that. i'm very happy for you guys. good job!
The first trimester was the worst...the second trimester was my favorite and my by the third I was just ready to meet my C!!!
I can't wait to start seeing belly pics! Are you going to find out the sex?
Post a Comment